Location: Norfolk, Virginia
OVERVIEW 40hrs/wk | 9a – 5p M-F
Troopster is a growing 501(c)(3) non-profit headquartered in Norfolk, VA. Our mission is to provide morale-building customized care-packs to U.S. troops deployed away from home. We dedicate our services to be a supportive, responsive, and professional organization that connects troops to their loved ones and communities. More information about our program is available at www.troopster.org.
Our office and fulfillment center is our primary production location for filling care package orders. Timeliness, quality, and process are crucial in our fulfillment process. Troopster has an immediate opening for a motivated and responsible individual who is interested in a position with ample room to grow as Troopster expands. This individual will be managing inventory, handling warehouse and wholesale restock, working with customers via email and over the phone, and managing the fulfillment quality control process. We are seeking an enthusiastic, problem solver who is motivated to accomplish great things.
Applicants must have a POSITIVE working attitude. Reliable transportation. Previous sales or other customer service experience. Candidates comfortable emailing without templates and who can demonstrate problem-solving skills. A self-starter who is motivated to detail and developing relations. Demonstrated excellence in organization and communication skills. Familiar with Microsoft Applications, Google Docs, and similar applications. Have demonstrated success in working alone or as a member of a small team.
Successful applicants must be:
2. Have strong communication skills
3. Comfortable and confident interacting with vendors and the public
4. Well-organized with strong attention to detail
5. Competent in Microsoft programs and social media applications
6. A self-starter and able to self-manage
7. Capable of handling multiple tasks and manage to change priorities while working alone or in small teams.
These are immediate openings. Interviews will begin immediately, with selection and start dates to be scheduled as soon as possible.
- Inventory management
- Custom care package fulfillment, utilizing online shipping software to purchase and print shipping labels for packages.
- Maintain inventory of non-perishable items
- Customer service interaction / responding to online and telephone inquiries and problem-solving on any ordering issues. You will be responding to business and customer-related emails, occasional phone calls, and social media.
- Logistics and Shipping Management
- Troubleshooting shipping/order errors
- Email response, document organization
- Communicating daily with Manager for an overview
- Handling reminders and updates
- Use templated responses for general customer inquiries
- General office assistance
Previous customer service experience (retail, food industry, telemarketing, sales, etc.)
- Reliable Transportation
- Excels with customer service interactions
- Proficient communicator
- Proficient managing
Troopster is an equal employment opportunity employer, with Norfolk offices near ODU and TCC.